IP Enforcement and Litigation
In today’s competitive marketplace, it is necessary to police and enforce your intellectual property rights as well as monitor the competitive environment. We evaluate potential infringement and provide strategic and tactical counsel to avoid infringing existing IP. We also represent clients in adversarial or administrative proceedings before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) and other regulatory agencies. Additionally, we offer specialized arbitration and mediation services to resolve IP disputes outside of the traditional court system.
At Smith Tempel, we offer litigation services from pre-trial investigation through trial and any necessary appeals. Sample IP enforcement and litigation services include:
- Patent, trademark and copyright enforcement
- Freedom-to-operate opinions
- Infringement and non-infringement opinions
- Clearance opinions
- Validity and invalidity opinions
- Damages–related opinions
- Lanham Act violations
- Unfair competition and antitrust actions
- Patent law expert testimony
- USPTO proceedings, including interference, re-examination, oppositions and cancellations
- Patent arbitration and mediation
Call us at 770-709-0080 or contact us online.